We’ve all been there. You’re at home, enjoying a cup of your favorite Malu pour over and you get the text. Looking forward to Friday! Can you bring a dessert?
In the good ol’ days, store bought would have been fine, but this is a bit more personal. It’s a small intimate gathering with friends or family members. You don’t want your totally unoriginal dessert to be the highlight of the group chat!
A twist on an already crowd favorite, our take on the classic tiramisu is easy to make and impossible to burn– because it requires absolutely no baking (unless you want it to!) All you need are a few ingredients and some incredible coffee, which you won't have to go too far to find.
Here’s the scoop (or the slice?):
- 1 cup Malu’s The Classic pour over coffee
- 1.5 cup heavy cream
- ¼ c sugar
- Dash vanilla extract
- 1 container mascarpone
- 1 package store bought ladyfingers (or bake yourself!)
- 100% cocoa powder
1) To start, you’ll want to brew a cup of The Classic. For a stronger coffee flavor in your Tiramalu base, we suggest steeping a few minutes longer while preparing step 2.
*Warning: you may be tempted to drink this cup of coffee before completing the recipe. We recommend making 2 cups, just to be safe.2. Then you'll blend together the heavy cream, sugar, and dash of vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Mix in the entire container of mascarpone.
3. Dip the store bought ladyfingers into your black coffee and place at bottom of glass dish.
4. Spread a layer of the whipped cream mixture over the drenched ladyfingers.
5. Repeat these steps as many times as you can, then top with a generous sprinkling of cocoa powder.
Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight before serving.
There you have it! You can’t go wrong with this dessert, but if you really want to up the wow factor, we recommend pairing your Tiramalu with a cup of Malu coffee. Bring a few pouches along and have everyone brew their specialty pour overs while you serve. Malu’s single serve pouches are so easy to make, the coffee will be ready by the time you've finished serving!
Besides, you know what they say: those who pour together, have more fun together 😎